Plantain Studio is a music recording/mixing/production studio

For booking and rates please contact abeseiferth@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Track WIP

I'm working on one of my own tracks and incorporating some synths that I haven't used much before. Everything was recorded at the studio. No plug-ins or soft synths were used. Ok. there was one soft synth. Unfortunately, we don't have a mellotron. So I used the Mtron plug-in for the choir sound.
The live drums were played by my good friend Guy Licata. I pushed the drum compression a little harder than I normally would because I just bought a Fatso Jr. I really like the toughness that it added to the drums. There will be vocals on this track soon. For now, I played guitar for the vocal melody.

Drums- Live
Bass- Super Jupiter (gotta love that dual layer mode!)
Arpeggio- Juno 60
5th synth lead- Yamaha CS60 (gotta love that ribbon controller for pitch!)
Freak out synth solo- TOP SECRET
Bridge pads- Sid Station

IMG_0441
Super Jupiter

IMG_0440
CS60

Well, it appears Soundcloud is down on the one day I try update the blog. Check back in the coming days for the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment